Powered By Blogger

Thursday 18 August 2011

"Say NO to Cigarette Challege" in 3 weeks time.Can I do this?


He's my best friend, he's my lover and he is also my silent killer. I've been in this love hate relationship with Mr.C for the past 7 years.He helped me through my toughest times, and he was there to celebrate those times when I was flying over the moon..Never was a day I can do without Mr.C in my pocket or hidden in my purse. I tried to give him up countless times over the years yet he always finds the way to make me crawl back in his arms again and yes, after each relapse I am more and more addicted to him!

I dunno what has gotten into me this time,maybe cause my 25th birthday is coming up in 3 weeks or maybe I have been through too much this past few months that I just think that it is just time to change. I am trying to lead a healthier life style after all, I exercise, I eat well, I take my daily supplements but at the end of the day I smoke my way through a box of cigarette everyday~sigh~..

Today was my first attempt to go cold turkey as I finish my last bud last night (I always keep stock before finishing a box).I thought it was gonna be easy and I have no idea how wrong I was till I was scavenging the whole room to look for any cigarette by 2pm!Man,,,I was cranky and felt so tired so end up sleeping till around 4pm. Had to go to class by 5pm so I resisted the urge and I lasted till 7pm where I miserably failed my mission and finally bought another box.duh!

Am I in love or is it a mind trick?

The thing that worries me the most about quitting smoking is that I might put on weight. Yeah, easy for you non-smokers to say "If you don't wanna put on weight,don't eat. Chew gum or drink water to suppress the hunger or to prevent munching." News flash folks, smoking is a terrible addiction especially when the body is so used with the chemical content that it have been supplied for years,the brain basically tells the body that it needs those toxic in order to function properly.TE QUIERO?

Example, you are so used to eating bread everyday for the past years and years but not because you are forced but because you simply loves it.
Then one fine day, you just want to change that habit and eat noodles instead. How do you feel?Yes, you are equally full as if you are having bread but are you satisfied?Don't something inside of you just say "Yes this noodles is yummy,but it'll be better to have bread instead." Before you know it,you're munching a loaf of bread just for the taste of it ;p

GO COLD TURKEY OR OPT FOR THE NICOTINE GUM/PATCHES??

I need help I know, maybe I just need more motivations to make sure this will be my final successful attempt to quit. I was thinking about going to the pharmacy and check out those nicotine gum and nicotine patches. I don't know how effective those things are to curb the urge but I guess there's no harm in trying. But for now, I will try to reduce my intake to maybe half ( I do smoke about a pack a day so it wont be hard to actually count how much I've smoke.lol ). If anyone of you guys that might have tried any remedies or those nicotine gum/patches, do let me know how effective it is and perhaps maybe you could suggest any brands?

Until then, I am keeping my fingers cross and my will to fight this addiction strong. Hopefully tomorrow is gonna be easier than today ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment